$10.00 - $1,000.00
IN STOCK ITEMS AVAILABLE NOW!
Excited to be offering Clayscapes glazes delivered from NY now to Southeast Virginia!
Glazes can be picked-up for those local to Hampton Roads Virginia.
If outside the area, please contact me for shipping pricing prior to ordering so that I can send you an invoice including shipping charges.
- How much to buy? This depends on the amount needed when mixed wet. Approximately 1 pound of dry glaze makes 1 pint of wet glaze (see guidance documentation - some glazes require more water than others therefore not all will equal 1 pint when properly mixed.) 5 pounds dry will fit in a gallon bucket when mixed with some room for dipping/pouring. 10 pounds dry will fit in a 3 gallon bucket when mixed with some room for dipping/pouring. I start with 20 pounds dry to a 5 gallon bucket - depending on the glaze, this will either leave a lot or a little room in the bucket for dipping/pouring. Then, I keep 10 pound quantities of my regular-use glazes on-hand dry to replenish my 5 gallon dipping bucket as needed by mixing it in a separate bucket and sieving it into my studio-use bucket.
Read all mixing and safety information prior to use.
Glaze Mixing Instructions (updated 7/11/19)
- Test glazes on your clay and process before placing into production.
- Glazes are non-returnable.
- Satin Black, Copper Patina, and Garden Green are not food-use appropriate.
- This Facebook Group is great to join to search and read about others experiences with these glazes as well as share your experiences!
- How to get started? Combos and must haves...
-- Looking for glossy translucency over relief? Try the Celadon's: Shadow Blue, Amber Celadon, Tim's Dark Green, Smokey Purple, Fog Grey, Clear. (No mason-stains to create colors).
-- Looking for glossy bright colors? Try 'The Brooklyn Line' of colors.
-- Combo must-have ideas: Shadow Blue with Amber Celadon, Aqua with Tim's Dark Green
-- My favorites: Cream, Crystal Clear (Zinc Free), Clinton Pottery Red, Coastal Blue, Spruce Blue.
-- Want something more advanced: Try the Galaxy Bowl Combination: 2 dips Starry Night all the way to the bottom of the pot - wipe drips from rim. Then drip/pour Arctic Blue, Wheat, and Turquoise Rain on top.
-- Check out the combo pictures with each glaze listing for more combo ideas! And this video is great too!